Saturday, January 7, 2012

La Cuesta Encantada

The other major event of our trip down to Cambria was our visit to Hearst Castle. Jory snoozed through the vast majority of our visit (thankfully), but KC and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The house itself is ... well, really something. Obviously there's no accounting for taste. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed our tour, but I won't be redecorating any time soon.


The gardens were immensely enjoyable, though, especially since our rainy season hasn't showed up yet. The weather will probably end up being a disaster for the farmers, but we felt very lucky for the sun during our little holiday.






The most memorable part of our day at Hearst Castle? Jory started getting very fussy as we were waiting in line for the bus back down the mountain at the end of the day. So I breast-fed him in the back of a jam-packed bus careening back down the hill toward the ocean. Booya!

No comments:

Post a Comment