Wednesday, March 14, 2012

First haircut

Well, it finally happened - I was motivated enough to take a pair of scissors to Jory's rather extraordinary hair. I was shamed into it by Jory's grandfather, who told me "You need to get that kid's hair cut. And not at the beauty parlor - you do it."

So I did. First I googled "cut baby hair" and watched a nearly useless video on YouTube (the best piece of advice they gave was using two bibs to catch the hair). Then I assembled a bowl of water, a comb, some paper towels, and some scissors that weren't nearly sharp enough.

Before:



And after:


Of course I couldn't do anything about his huge bald spot, so he's got a weird sort of Celtic thing on one side of his head. Fortunately this is California, he's a baby, and we're not adverse to hipster hair. I assume I'll get better at this as time goes on.

2 comments:

  1. Why is he wearing a different outfit in each photo?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figure 1 was taken last week and is meant to illustrate just how crazy his hair had gotten. I took Figure 2 just before his pre-haircut feeding. Note the crazy sideburns and bangs (Figs. 1-2). Figure 3 was taken just before his post-haircut feeding. And if you can't figure out why your son needed a new outfit after a battle with solid food plus a haircut, then you haven't been paying attention to this blog.

    ReplyDelete