Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What's cooking?

I mentioned earlier that Jory has gotten interested in cooking. Naturally, this is absolutely terrifying because babies, knives, and fire really don't mix.

He got excited one night while I was making nopales:


If you know anything about Jory, you'll know that he soon insisted on doing it himself:


When he turned around with the spoon so I could taste it, he smeared cactus all through my hair and all over my sweatshirt.

He was a big help with the gravy at Thanksgiving; I couldn't spare a hand to take a picture because my son was playing with a steaming vat of liquid fat. Yes, I'm Mother of the Year.

Here he is doing some of his own cooking tonight:



Want to know what he was so excited about?


That's right! Hawaiian sea salt in a plastic container!

Another big problem is that Jory's favorite game is "rearrange the spice cabinet," so I can't find anything while I'm cooking!

1 comment:

  1. hehe very cute. Looks like he's getting started early on his predicted career as a food writer!

    ReplyDelete